Caroline has been a consistent and principled voice for the common-sense change we need for Brighton.
"Thank you for continuing to be an ethical and truly democratic representative MP. Your efforts on behalf of your constituency are very much appreciated”
Lynne Shields, Vernon Terrace, Brighton
- Leading a successful bid to make Brighton a ‘super-connected city’
- Promoting the Brighton Energy Coop’s major new solar panel to power 600 homes
- Fighting for a cut to the punitive rate of VAT on tourism – the lifeblood of many local businesses
- Speaking out against high bus and train fares
- Campaigning for public services, like the NHS and the railways, to be or remain in public hands
“There is enormous public anger about what the main political parties are doing to the economy and our public services. People tell me that they value a strong independent voice in which offers a clear, green and progressive alternative”
Caroline Lucas MP
Caroline has an outstanding reputation as a campaigner for social justice and human rights, as well as an effective constituency MP:
- MP of the Year award
- for her tireless work with deprived and minority communities in the city, including the LGBTIQ community, religious and ethnic minority groups
- Representing you at Westminster
- She’s spoken over 1,600 times in Parliamentary debates
- Bucking the trend
- She has taken the campaign on ending media sexism to the heart of Parliament, wearing a No More Page 3 t-shirt in a debate with the Minister.
"Representing the people of Brighton Pavilion is an amazing privilege, and I'm delighted to be able to continue working hard to do my very best for everyone living here,” says Caroline.