In response to the post on Facebook lots of people gave me suggestions of their favourite inspiring books and I thought I’d share some of them on here. I’ve read some of them myself – others are now firmly on my ‘must-read’ list.
Thanks to everyone who contributed – and sorry to those whose suggestions haven’t made this top ten! Most of the suggestions were books by men – so thanks especially to those who suggested female authors. If you have more suggestions then please do leave a comment below.
The People’s Shortlist* of must-read inspiring books:
1) The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists – Robert Tressell
2) Red Rosa: A Graphic Biography of Rosa Luxemburg – Kate Evans
3) The Moth Snowstorm – Michael McCarthy
4) Orison for a Curlew – Horatio Clare
5) 23 Things they Don’t Tell you About Capitalism – Ha Joon Chang
6) Silent Spring – Rachel Carson
7) This Changes Everything- Naomi Klein
8) Captive State – George Monbiot
9) Postcapitalism – Paul Mason
10) Politics in a Time of Crisis: Podemos and the Future of a Democratic Europe - Pablo Iglesias
*People on my Facebook page