Caroline Lucas, Green Party MP for Brighton Pavilion, is looking for an experienced case worker to join her constituency team.
Salary: The post is full time (37.5 hours) and the pay is £30,000
Location: Brighton Pavilion constituency office
Closing Date: Monday 6th January 2020
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Provide briefings for the Member
- Research local, regional or national issues to support Member's work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
Application is by CV accompanied by a personal statement (max 2 sides A4) outlining why you would like to work for Caroline, how your experience meets the job specification, and what you would bring to the role.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday 6th January 2020. Applications received after this will not be considered. Please include your name, and Case Worker application in the subject line of your email.
You do not need to be a member of the Green Party.